The lost apothecary : a novel / Sarah Penner.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 1799959384
- ISBN: 9781799959380
- ISBN: 9781799959380 (sound recording ; Blackstone Library CD)
- ISBN: 1799959384 (sound recording ; Blackstone Library CD)
- ISBN: 9781799959397 (sound recording ; Blackstone Retail CD)
- ISBN: 1799959392 (sound recording ; Blackstone Retail CD)
- Physical Description: 8 audio discs (10 1/2 hr.) : CD audio, digital ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 computer disc (PDF ; 4 3/4 in.)
- Publisher: [Don Mills, Ontario, Canada] : Harlequin Audio, 
Includes bonus PDF.
|Participant or Performer Note:||
Performed by Lorna Bennett, Lauren Anthony, and Lauren Irwin.
Hidden in the depths of eighteenth-century London, a secret apothecary shop caters to an unusual kind of clientele. Women across the city whisper of a mysterious figure named Nella who sells well-disguised poisons to use against the oppressive men in their lives. But the apothecary's fate is jeopardized when her newest patron, a precocious twelve-year-old, makes a fatal mistake, sparking a string of consequences that echo through the centuries.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Pharmacists > Fiction.
Poisoning > Fiction.
Murder > Investigation > Fiction.
Secrecy > Fiction.
Adultery > Fiction.
London (England) > History > 18th century > Fiction.
Detective and mystery fiction.